The main building
The main building, as the birthplace of Nepalese museum is called the Historical Gallery. First Prime Minister General Bhimsen Thapa had built this building or the purpose of military barrack. the influenceof French architecture can be seen in this bulding. Till 1938 it was used as repository of arms and weapons because it was popularly known as Slikhana. In 1938 A.D., it was officially opened for general publicwith the name as Chhauni Silkhana Musuem. The building consists of a courtyard wgere various kinds of worshipping are made on the auspicious occasuon of Dashara and Chaitra Dashain. The main buliding consists of many galleries with different type of collections.